The information on this page is current to the best of our knowledge. If you are aware of additional resources, or if you wish to update the information for your organization, please click here to email our webmaster.
- ATCAA (209-223-1485): Housing assistance, Utility assistance, Shelter Placement, Counseling, Smart money
- Behavioral Health (209-223-6412): Counseling
- The Call Church (209-296-5961): Gasoline vouchers, Food Pantry
- Church of Nazarene (209-267-1307): Firewood, minor repairs for vehicles, life skills training, gasoline vouchers, rent, food
- Methodist Church (209-223-1884): Gasoline Vouchers, General Resources
- Roads Home (833-255-4899): Case Management, Rental Assistance, Link to VA Benefits, Link to Behavioral and Medical Healthcare
- Salvation Army (209-257-1828): Delinquent water payments, medications, diapers, formula, work clothing, gas vouchers, toiletries, rental assistance
- Amador County Social Services (209-223-6550): Housing assistance, food stamps, cash aid
- St. Vincent Depaul (209-223-5865): Utilities, Rent, prescriptions, minor repairs for vehicles, food pantry
- Trinity Episcopal (209-296-1139): Scholarships for counseling, medical emergency, gas vouchers
- U-Turn (209-267-1263): Gasoline vouchers for medical appointments
- Up Country Community Center (209-296-2785): Counseling, food distributing, computers, socialization
- Varley Place Veterans Housing (209-223-1485): Veteran’s and/or families must have an income below 30% AMI, need long-term case management, cannot be a sex offender, and able to qualify for VA Medical Care.
Interfaith Food Bank Distribution Sites
Fiddletown Community Church – 14474 Jibboom St. 4th Saturday 10-12
Camanche Lake Community Center – 4099 Camanche Parkway N. Unit 2, 2nd and 4th Thursday 2:00-4:30Ione
Community Methodist Church – 150 W. Marlette. 1st Thursday 11-12 – SENIORS ONLY – and 3rd Saturday 10:30-12:30
Amador Senior Center – 229 New York Ranch Rd. 1st Wednesday 10-12 -SENIORS ONLY- and 3rd Tuesday 10-11:30
First Baptist Church of Jackson – 10700 State Hwy 49. 3rd Tuesday 11-12
Upcountry Community Center – 19386 Hwy 88 (under the market). 2nd and 4th Wednesday 1-4
Sierra Baptist Church – 26355 Buckhorn Ridge Rd. 1st Tuesday 10-12 -SENIORS ONLY- and 3rd Tuesday 10-12
Plymouth City Hall – 9426 Main Street. 1st Wednesday 11-12 -SENIORS ONLY
Plymouth Pentecostal Church – 18519 Poplar Street. 3rd Tuesday 10-12
St. Mary of the Mountains – 18765 Church Street. 4th Monday 9-11
River Pines Town Hall – 22900 Canyon Avenue. 3rd Thursday 11-1
Seventh Day Adventist Church – 12900 Ridge Rd. 1st Monday 4-6 -SENIORS ONLY- and 3rd Monday 4-6
Church of the Nazarene – 14050 Ridge Rd. 4th Monday 4-6
- Monday- Friday Lunch at noon: Sierra Winds – 10354 Argonaut Lane, Jackson
- Every Monday Night 4-6pm: Seventh Day Adventist Church of Sutter Hill – 12900 Ridge Rd. Sutter Creek
- Every Wednesday Night 6pm: Community Church of Pine Grove – 14045 Ponderosa Way, Pine Grove
- Every Saturday Morning 10-12: Hot Breakfast with Lunch to Go: Jackson United Methodist Church – 120 Church St. Jackson
Other food closets NOT related to Interfaith Food Bank:
- Seventh Day Adventist Church of Sutter Hill – 12900 Ridge Rd. Sutter Creek. Mondays, 4-6pm
- Faith Lutheran Church – 22601 Hwy 88, Pioneer. Tuesday – Friday 9-12
WOMEN VETERANS RESOURCES
- The Center for Women Veterans fact sheet
Department of Veterans Affairs
- The Center for Women Veterans FAQ page
Department of Veterans Affairs
- CalVet Women Veterans
California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Women Veterans Health Care
Department of Veterans Affairs’ Women Veterans Health Strategic Health Care Group (Women’s Health) provides program and strategic support to implement positive changes in the provision of care for all women Veterans.
- Homeless Veterans
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers a variety of resources, programs, and benefits to end veteran homelessness.
- Veterans Crisis Line
The Veterans Crisis Line connects veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring responders from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Survivor Benefits
Support for the surviving spouses and dependents of military personnel who died while in active military service and to the survivors of veterans who died after active service.
- Veteran Service Benefits from calvet.ca.org
- CalVet Programs – California Department of Veteran Affairs – There are many services, benefits and preferences provided to you by the people of California as a way to honor your service…explore this site and find out what you may have been missing.
- The state of California’s Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Contact info for U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program The VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 includes the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP), which offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed veterans. The Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Labor launched this new program on July 1, 2012.
- Veterans Employment-Related Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Employment Development Dept. (EDD) Services for Veterans